DEAR PASE 2015 CONFERENCE PARTICIPANTS, DEAR GUESTS,
we would like to thank you for being with us and making such a significant contribution to the conference. Your views, opinions, ideas and EMOTIONS made this conference a truly international event of the highest academic quality.
We would also like to thank you for your warmth, cordiality, support and positive EMOTIONS. We hope that you have enjoyed your stay in Wrocław, the atmosphere of the conference as well as the atmosphere of our Department of English Studies. We spared no effort to make your participation in the conference fruitful and enjoyable. We hope the conference was indeed such an event.
On behalf of the entire Conference Organising Committee,
Welcome to the website of PASE 2015 Conference organised by the Department of English Studies of the University of Wrocław.
The theme of the Conference is EMOTION(S).
Read our circulars:
Deadlines, templates and forms:
- Deadline for sending abstracts: 31 January 2015.
- Abstract template can be downoladed here.
- Deadline for sending registration forms and making payments: 22 February 2015.
- Registration form can be downloaded here.
- Information about abstract acceptance: by 15 February 2015.
The Conference will take place from 17 April 2015 to 19 April 2015 at the University of Wrocław. The main conference venue and information centre will be located in the building of the Department of English Studies, ul. Kuźnicza 22, Wrocław.
Confirmed keynote speakers:
- prof. Leigh Gilmore, Harvard Divinity School, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
- prof. Eva C. Karpinski, York University, Toronto, Canada
- prof. Smiljana Komar, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- prof. Ewa Willim, Jagiellonian University, Kraków
- prof. Bożena Rozwadowska, University of Wrocław
Round Table: The Place of the Humanities; the Role of Teaching English Literature
- prof. Ewa Borkowska, Institute of English Cultures and Literatures, University of Silesia in Katowice
- prof. Jan Jędrzejewski, Faculty of Arts, University of Ulster
- prof. David Malcolm, Institute of English, University of Gdańsk
- dr Wojciech Małecki, Institute of Polish Philology, University of Wrocław
Young Scholar Award in 2015 for PASE members
We would like to remind all PASE members under 35 that in 2015 the PASE Board has decided to grant two prizes for the best paper presented at the conference – one in linguistics and one in Anglophone literature and culture. For further details consult PASE Homepage in November.
„Translatio” Doctoral Students’ Association encourages all doctoral students and young researchers interested in Translation Studies to participate in the Young Researchers’ Forum which will provide a venue for presenting thesis or research concepts and discussing them with other specialists in the field. It will aim to promote a constructive discourse that will help young researchers to pursue alternative research solutions and to successfully develop their own ideas. To ensure common grounds for discussion, the Forum will focus primarily on the methods and techniques used in current translation research, in accordance with the following leitmotif: Mediating Languages and Cultures: New Approaches to Research in Translation Studies.